Monday, October 28, 2019

Kingdom Building By Andrea Johnson

Choose to build the Kingdom...Every day...Some way.....Somehow....

 In life we have to make choices. Sometimes it’s difficult to make a sound choice due to some situations we are faced with. Do we consult God before deciding to do something or commit ourselves to a specific task? Do our decisions help build  the Kingdom of God?

As I go through my day to day routine as a General Manager, I am tasked with building sales for my organization through my location. At the beginning of the year,  I am given a yearly sales projection that’s broken down into 12 months. This projection entitles me to come up with plans to make a profit. I have to look into the previous years’ sales, guest counts, staffing, and other different profit opportunities to try to make an increase for the current year.
I work hard to beat those numbers from the previous year to make a profit. Now this is my earthly job and how I make a living. After putting in all this work,  I ask myself what works have I done to advance the Kingdom of God? What choices or research have I made that will promote God and help build the Kingdom?  Have I told my testimony to someone?  Have I shared a word about God’s love?  Have I showed God through me?

 If God is the source then I should be making choices that will not only make profits for my organization but bring people to Christ. The word says "we should have no other God before me". Sometimes we make our jobs a god and we journey on day to day not relying on the Source (God).

So as we perform our various job duties this week, let’s pray to God that He direct our paths and let us make choices to build His Kingdom within our jobs, shopping malls, or even our social media posts. Take pride in serving a just God and let Him direct our paths!

 Scripture: Proverbs 16:9 NLT
“ A man’s heart plans his course but the Lord determines his steps.”

No comments:

Post a Comment