Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Example Of Christ-Now Its Your Turn! By Eemetric Postell

"Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."
-Mark 8:34


It's been almost 3 weeks since I got married. It was a long, tiresome process, but hey, it was all worth it in the end!! From picking colors, my best man, groomsmen, location and the music was very time consuming, but during this time,  I really did a lot of reminiscing on some of the great songs I grew up listening to. One of the songs that had a strong impact on me was by Kirk Franklin,  "Conqueror". One verse in the song says, "I HAVE BARED MY CROSS"- that really spoke volumes to me because that is exactly what we have to do, bare our own cross!

Christ says it plain and simple, we must deny ourselves and pick up your (our) cross and follow Him daily. He won't ask us to do anything He has not already done. He is the great example of cross baring because He went to Calvary, just for me (you); He bared this cross just for me (you); and He defeated the enemy just for me (you).

In my closing, I cant be Him,  but I can be the example for someone that is lost and does not know Him for the remission of their sins. Smile! Christ bared it for us all and all we have to do is bare our very own cross- so the weight of it is up to you!

Stay Blessed and remember, Christ has already paid the ultimate price!!

No comments:

Post a Comment